The term "personal data" shall have the meaning ascribed to it by the PDPO.
PURPOSE OF COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL DATA
Personal data collected from you may be used by Art Box for, without limitation:
· identifying you and any accounts you hold with us
· enabling the provision of the Services to you
· conducting identity verification
· determining and verifying your eligibility for discounts and promotions on products and services
· processing of payment instructions or collection of amounts outstanding from you in relation to the provision of the Services
· order processing, billing and fulfilment
· direct marketing of the Services (see section “Direct Marketing” below)
· conducting research, statistical analysis and behavioral analysis
· conducting program viewership survey and analysis
· customer profiling and analysing your purchasing preferences
· making suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Services or goods and services that may interest you or them
· customising our website and its content to your particular preferences
· provisioning of customer services
· handling your complaints and account enquiries, and handling any claim, action and/or proceedings against Art Box or any party
· fraud prevention and detection
· auditing purposes
· making such disclosures as required by applicable laws, rules and regulations
· any other purposes directly related to the purpose for which the personal data were originally collected
TYPES OF PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED
Types of personal data collected by us may include, without limitation:
1. Your personal information and contact information such as your name, gender, date of birth, identity card number, telephone number, social media contact, email address, residential address, mailing address, and billing address; and
2. IP address, real-time geographic location data, browser settings, browsing records, and/or other Internet log information of your computer or mobile device.
We may access, use and/or process your biometric data including without limitation fingerprints and facial images stored on your mobile device or other device for the purpose of conducting identity verification, however we will not collect nor store such data.
CONFIDENTIALITY, DISCLOSURE AND SECURITY OF PERSONAL DATA
All personal data collected and held by Art Box will be kept confidential, but where disclosure is necessary for us to comply with any statutory obligations or requirements, or for us to provide the Services to you or to carry out the original purpose, or a directly related purpose, for which the personal data were collected, those data may be provided to the following parties (whether within or outside Hong Kong):
· Competent court of law, law enforcement agencies, or other governmental or statutory authorities, institutions or organisations;
· Art box’s associated companies, business partners, contractors, agents, sellers or suppliers of the goods/services, or other service operators, who are involved in the sales and marketing, administration or provision of the Services;
· Any other person under a duty of confidentiality to the Art Box including a member of its group of companies, IT consultants, data processors, auditors, accountants, or lawyers, which has undertaken to keep such information confidential; and
· Banks, financial institutions, insurance companies, credit card issuing companies or debt collection agencies.
Any questions, comments, suggestions or information other than personal data sent or posted to our website, or any part of the site by you will be considered as voluntarily provided to Art Box on a non-confidential and non-proprietary basis. We reserve the right to use, reproduce, disclose, transmit, publish and/or post elsewhere such information freely, including passing it to any associated company for example, in connection with the development and marketing of services and to meet user needs.
We may share non-personal data such as anonymised data and aggregated data relating to without limitation sales transactions, user traffic, logistics and warehouse performance publicly and with our partners including without limitation with existing and potential business partners, sellers or suppliers of the goods/services, start-up entrepreneurs and academics.
All reasonable efforts are made to ensure that any personal data held by Art Box is stored in a secure and safe place.
All personal data which we collect is kept confidential to the best of our ability. You will appreciate however, that we cannot guarantee the security of transmission.
TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE HONG KONG
If necessary, Art Box may transfer the personal data to places outside the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region for carrying out the purposes, or the directly related purposes, for which the personal data were collected. All the transfer of those personal data will be carried out in compliance with the requirements of the PDPO.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party. If your mobile number is used for account login, you shall ensure that timely update is made by logging in to your account at “Account Profile” when your mobile number is to be changed or returned to your mobile operator. This is important to ensure that your account information will not be accessed by a third party who may have acquired the right to use your discarded mobile number. You are solely responsible for securing your account in this particular way. We shall have no liability to you for any loss or damage in this regard.
Unless there is a mandatory legal requirement for us to keep your personal data for a specified period, we will only retain your personal data for as long as is necessary to fulfill the purpose for which the personal data were originally collected.
From time to time, Art Box may use your personal data to send you news, offers, promotions and joint marketing offers and we requires your consent for that purpose. We may contact you by email, social media, SMS, text/picture/video message, telephone or mail.
Your name, email address, telephone number, contact address, social media contact, date of birth, products and services portfolio information, transaction patterns and behaviors, browsing records, content viewing habits and personal interests held by Art Box may be used by us in direct marketing of the Services.